lilad

Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Friday, October 8, 2010

Nintendo celebrates Mario's b-day with special edition Wii

Not content with simply releasing a new version of the DSi, Nintendo is offering a new version of the Wii in Japan, which comes bundled with a special edition of the original Super Mario Bros.
In honor of the 25 year-old game, the red console will be released with a slightly modified version of the classic platformer. While the console’s official website is vague on details, it does host several screenshots showing that the traditional question mark adorning item boxes has been replaced with the number 25.

 The console goes on sale November 11 for 20,000 yen (about $200) and will include the new Wiimote plus.

34 comments:

  1. That looks pretty awesome, never owned a Wii so I might start here :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even want the wii I own let alone a red one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin is going to freak out over this. Wonder what they all changed for the original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DOOD buy a red one, then a black one. Mix match the parts. SEXIEST WII ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took forever for the GF to allow us to get the white Wii. I doubt she'd cave on a red one. =\

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday mario! i dont plan on buying a wii anytime soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a kind of ugly looking wii, imo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks pretty coolio, i want a playstation move, their gonna do rts for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is amazing. if i didn't already have a wii i would look at buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Make a special edition NES and im in

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sense princess peach's birthday coming up :O

    cool blog btw! come check out mine as well :)
    www.modernefusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like eletronics in red color, iPod, PSP, Playstation and more, now Wii

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome , wish i could acquire one of those

    ReplyDelete
  14. I WANT THIS SO BAD!! i'm a huge mario fan, and i've always considered getting wii so I can play the newer mario games

    ReplyDelete
  15. dam that looks sick! much cooler than the original wii

    ReplyDelete
  16. That one looks incredible. I need to get myself one, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goddam Mario... I still love to play Mario World on my snes... nostalgiaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read, and probably enjoyed, your post. But because my shoulder was dislocated and my left arm is now in a sling, I cannot type up a unique comment without taking up too much time. just showin support :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another special edition Wii?
    Yeesh, you'd think it prints money or something...
    Oh wait.

    ReplyDelete
  20. RED Wii, what will they have next, BLU?

    ReplyDelete
  21. if i didn't already have a wii, i'll take one like this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks cool in red. Love those Mario bros.

    ReplyDelete