And every time Blizzard is celebrating it’s great franchises – Warcraft, World of Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo – together with the fans attending, rumors come up which great announcement Blizzard is going to make.
This year vgtribune.com is arguing that Warcraft 4 might be announced this year during the opening ceremony.
According to a “fairly trusted source”, vgtribune reports that Warcraft 4 is under development and lists what the newest sequel to Blizzards successful rts-series shall feature:
- Episodic campaign was considering – no word on what they decided.
- Thrall is “currently” in it.
- The game is planned “tentatively” for a Q4 2012 release.
- Its an RTS based on the Starcraft II engine.
- Its being considered for multiple platforms like the 360 and PS3, but DS has actually been started on.
- It now finally has a team working on it since Starcraft is out.
- Its still very early stages and the concept art looks “beautiful”.